Women In Animation Chicago Chapter

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Exhibition

For those who aren't on the WIA mailing list, this was sent out by Deanna Morse:

Hi WIA Folks -

I wanted to let you know about a show in Chicago this summer. “Stories to be Looked at, Pictures to be Read,” is a juried exhibition at the Zolla Lieberman Gallery, in the River North District, at 325 W. Huron, Chicago – until August 18th.

I’m a member of Women in Animation, Chicago. I live in Michigan and teach at Grand Valley State University. I have a piece in the show, called Time Flights. It includes two videos about nature. “Postcards From My Backyard” is a time-lapse video of seasonal change, shot over a year, scored to my own musical soundscape. “Seasonal Spree” takes a bird interaction, and slows it down for analysis, using After Effects. Eight other artists are in the show.

If you get a chance, please visit my exhibit in Chicago this summer.

Thanks! and best wishes-

Deanna Morse

No comments: