Great meeting on Thursday, glad everyone could make it and was nice to meet Mary Beth and Jessica! Thanks to Suzanne for making the flipbooks - which we will all try and bring in for the April meeting.
We will continue looking into permanent meeting space, but until that happens, the Chicago Place 8th Floor seemed to work out - we definitely had the place to ourselves. Since we were kicked out at 7:30, we should try and make it a little before 6 next meeting so everyone can get some food and we can start right at 6:00 PM.
For those of you who could not make the meeting, the next one has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 7. Please send me your ideas or topics for discussion and I will have a more formalized agenda to hand out at the beginning of the meeting.
Also as mentioned, I've listed some general position descriptions. As members, we are all involved in the running, maintaining and life of the chapter! For those of you who would like to make an extra commitment, please consider running for one of the below positions. Any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
Elections will be held at the next meeting.
STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR:
- serve as first point of contact for WIA Chicago Chapter
- organize time and place of meetings
- prepare agenda, facilitate the meeting
- responsible for main email@example.com email, answering inquiries, forwarding relevant information, keep distribution list up-to-date, other duties as they arise
- maintain chapter financial records
- submit income /expense to WIA International
- collect money at fundraising events
- take minutes and attendance at meeting for chapter records
EVENTS COMMITTEE CHAIR
- serve as first point of contact for WIA events
- work with members in brainstorming and organizing events